Sunday, December 9, 2007

Ate it: Azitra

Thanks to Jade and Nigel, Jerry and I enjoyed a delicious meal at Azitra, an upscale Indian retaurant in Raleigh. We had a great time going the whole 9 yards with drinks and appetizers etc. I had a Snakecharmer which was basically a ginger margarita. For dinner Jerry had the Lamb Rogan Josh and I had the Chicken Tikki Masala. The chicken was awesome, it was very tender and the sauce was really good (I wish it was a soup). We also had the peshwari nan which is like the usual nan but with cherries and coconut. It was great in combination with the chicken.
The ambiance was also really nice complete with sitar player (he even played a few Christmas songs, every one of which Jerry thought was Feliz Navidad). I worked all day and was too tired to change into something more appropriate. Luckily it was dimly lit!
*Also while we were there a guy walked in who was dressed as a wizard, Jerry said it was Dumbledore. Who knows...I was hoping there was some sort of Harry Potter meet up going on...but no one else, just the lone wizard.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree - Chris and I think their food is really delicious. I love their dishes.
Karen

Unknown said...

what do you know...nuffin.

Unknown said...

cherry and coconut naan, oh my, that's reason enough to go right there.