Saturday, February 16, 2008

Made it: Baby Poncho


I came across this pattern for a baby poncho in the Lion Brand newsletter and thought it would be cute for little Immy. Immy belongs to Jade and Nigel (my former co-worker and her British husband). She is super cute and has crazy hair. The pattern was pretty easy. It was basically a rectangle with a hole in the middle. The hood is knitted on and picking up the right number of stitches is not so easy. Also there was supposed to be a pocket but I ran out of yarn, plus what the heck does a baby need a pocket for any way? lip balm? a cell phone? nuffin!
We ate at London Fish and Chips, a wildly popular fish n' chips place in Cary. People line up at the door and they sometimes sell out of fish early. Nigel gives it a thumbs up. He says it is less greasy than the standard fish n' chips. Jerry enjoyed it. I feel it is what it is, I am not a huge fan of overly breaded fried things (don't get me wrong, fried IS a food group ya'll).
The highlight was the very fashionable Immy in the poncho and her Union Jack shirt.

No comments: