Saturday, January 12, 2008

Irrigated it: my nasal passage


I have had a cold for exactly one week. In desperation I decided to try out a neti pot. I heard of this before and my friend Skip and co-worker Linda swear by it. I have used saline nasal spray in the past, especially during the winter months when the air is dry (ok, when it is not in the low 70s). I love the neti pot. Something was very unsettling about pouring water in my nose. I thought about those times at the pool when I was a kid and got chlorinated water in my nose , not pleasant. But this is awesome. It is warm and then once the saline finally makes it through, you can blow your nose a lot. I even found an old Barbie shoe I shoved up there when I was 5...well, not really...but I did find gold!
My mom and my niece went to Paint a Pot (one of those ceramic you paint it pottery places that my 7 year old niece has been dying to go to forever) today. I wish they had a neti pot to paint: Out , out damn snot!

No comments: